My mum and I have been making this for years and we’re still completely obsessed. Massaging the kale may sound strange, but it works brilliantly to soften it, while the tahini, cider vinegar and lime dressing makes it so creamy. We’ve kept it simple here and just added avocado, pumpkin seeds and pomegranates, but it’s delicious with just about anything - I add roasted chili chickpeas, baked sweet potatoes, sauteed veggies, roast potatoes, rye croutons and anything else I’ve got in my kitchen!
- Four big handfuls of kale
- 125g pomegranate seeds
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of sea salt
- Start by washing the kale.
- Next, tear small pieces off the stems, discarding the stems and placing the leaves into a bowl.
- Drizzle all the dressing ingredients onto the kale and use your hands to firmly start massaging it all into the leaves, as you do this you’ll feel the leaves soften and wilt. Keep massaging them for a few minutes to make sure they are really soft.
- Stir through the pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and avocado cubes before enjoying.