This spread is unbelievable. Just so perfectly thick, smooth, sweet and creamy. It melts perfectly on hot toast over a layer of crunchy almond butter, tastes delicious drizzled across a bowl of sliced banana & juicy berries and works a treat eaten straight out of the jar with a spoon!
- 380g roasted hazelnuts
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons date syrup
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- Bake the hazelnuts at 180c, fan setting for about 10 minutes, then take them out of the oven and allow them to cool. I like to remove the skins, but you can leave this bit out if you don’t have time.
- Once cool, place the hazelnuts into a food processor and pulse for about 10 minutes, until totally broken down. Keep blending until a runny hazelnut butter forms, then pour this into a bowl.
- Slowly pour in the maple syrup and date syrup, stirring continuously to combine. Then do the same with the cacao powder, adding one spoonful at a time, until a you have a thick, creamy spread.