This almond butter is a go-to in my life, I’ve always got some in the kitchen. It’s really so simple to make and has just two ingredients: almonds and salt. It’s amazing how much creamier homemade almond butter is, it’s extra smooth and I find it more flavoursome too. I love dipping dates straight into the jar or drizzling it on top of my granola in the mornings. It’s also great blended into smoothies or used in dressings.
- 300g blanched almonds
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180c, fan setting.
- Place the almonds on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- Once cooked, remove and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Once the almonds have cooled, place them in a food processor and blend for around 15 minutes until a smooth mixture forms, adding in the salt at the end.
- Once prepared, you can store this spread in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.