American Fluffy Pancakes
These blueberry pancakes are the ultimate weekend breakfast and take no time at all to make. They're thick and fluffy, and taste delicious with the fresh blueberries added into the pancake mix. We love to enjoy these with another handful of fresh blueberries on top and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- 400ml almond milk
- 350g self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and chia seeds until there are no lumps.
- Pour in the almond milk, 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well until a smooth batter forms.
- Leave the batter to one side for 5-10 minutes in order to thicken up a little.
- Once the mixture feels thick enough to hold its shape when cooking, warm some coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, add in a large spoonful of the batter into the pan, moving the pan around if needed to make a pancake shape.
- Once the pancake starts to cook, sprinkle some fresh blueberries on top and cook for 3-5 minutes until the bottom feels cooked.
- Once cooked on one side, flip over and cook on the other side until the pancake cooks through. The time will depend on the size and thickness of the pancake but usually takes around 5 minutes.