Smoky Black Bean Stew
This black bean stew is so simple to make and packs such a punch of flavour. The smoked paprika tastes delicious with the hearty black beans and rich almond butter and tomato sauce. We love to serve it with a handful of fresh coriander and some brown rice, but it's also great stuffed into jacket potatoes or even just with a side of sliced avocado.
- 2x 400g cans black beans, drained
- 1x 400g tin tinned tomatoes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add the salt, onion and garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the smoked paprika and cumin, cook for 2 minutes, before adding the almond butter, tomato puree, black beans, lime juice and tinned tomatoes - bring to the boil, before reducing the temperature and leaving to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh coriander before serving.