Sesame & Broccoli Noodle Salad
This is a firm favourite for a simple lunch or dinner. The creamy sesame dressing tastes delicious mixed through the roasted broccoli and noodles. This is also a great recipe to make if you've got lots of spare vegetables lying around the house, as you can easily mix through anything you have.
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 2 servings of noodles
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Handful of roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons of brown rice miso paste
- 2 tablespoons of smooth tahini
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pack. Once cooked, drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, fan setting.
- Place the broccoli florets onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the broccoli is charred. Once cooked, remove from the oven and add to the mixing bowl with the noodles.
- In a small bowl, mix together the miso paste, tahini, sesame oil, lime juice and a pinch of salt, until a smooth dressing forms.
- Add the sliced peppers, sesame seeds, cashews and spring onions to the bowl with the noodles and broccoli, before adding the dressing. Mix well to ensure everything gets coating.
- Spoon the noodle salad into two bowls and top with another sprinkle of sesame seeds, spring onions and cashews.