This is the recipe that inspired our peanut butter & cacao on-the-go energy balls. Cacao and peanut is such an incredible combination, and it works amazingly here to add a chocolatey richness.
- 100g pitted dates, about 6 large dates
- 45g roasted peanuts
- 40g smooth peanut butter, about 2 heaped tablespoons
- 8g porridge oats, about 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 7g cacao powder, about 2 teaspoons
- Place the dates in a food processor and pulse until they form a smooth paste.
- Next add in the oats, peanut butter, cacao powder and peanuts and pulse again until they are really well combined. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue doing this until the mixture has finished. Place the rolled balls into the fridge for around 1 hour before serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.