Creamy Mushroom Pasta
This is an indulgent and delicious pasta recipe. The creamy sauce made from cashews, tamari and lemon juice coates the pasta, with the rosemary pan-fried mushrooms and spinach adding a hint of freshness. It’s a great recipe to make when you’re short on time and don’t have many ingredients in the house.
- 400g pasta
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- Large handful of spinach
- 100g cashews
- 100ml almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of tamari
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Make the sauce by placing the cashews, almond milk, tamari, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and a sprinkling of salt into a powerful blender. Blend until a really creamy sauce forms. You may want to add a dash more almond milk if needed to blend the sauce.
- Place a pan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Once warm, add the diced onion, garlic and a sprinkling of salt. Cook for 10 minutes until the onion becomes soft.
- Once soft, add the sliced mushrooms, dried rosemary and a sprinkling of salt. Mix well and cook for 10 minutes until the mushrooms reduce in size and turn soft.
- While the mushrooms cook, put the pasta on to cook according to the instruction on the pack. Once cooked, drain (reserving a little of the pasta water) and mix through the mushroom pan.
- Pour in the creamy sauce and add the spinach. Mix well and cook for a few minutes to heat everything through and allow the spinach to wilt - mixing through a dash of the pasta water if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Once everything has heated through, serve the pasta in bowls with some black pepper sprinkled on top.