Cashew Pesto Pasta
Pesto pasta is one of my all time favourite meals, it’s my absolute go-to comfort food! So I decided to experiment with a cashew pesto to get a delicious variation on this classic pasta dish. The cashews and the avocado in the pesto add the best creaminess, whilst the basil and lemon add an amazing zing; it’s the best combination of flavours! It’s also such a quick and simple recipe too, the perfect weeknight supper!
- 3 portions of pasta, we use brown rice pasta - or 2-3 courgettes for courgetti
- 100g cashews
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 ½ lemons
- 25g fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Pinch of sea salt
- Place 50g of the cashews into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds, until they’re broken up. Toast them in a frying pan until they go golden brown. Once golden, leave to one side to sprinkle on top of the pasta.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, except the pasta/courgetti, in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy - adding a dash of water if needed.
- Toss with your pasta/courgetti and sprinkle with the toasted cashews.