Creamy, sweet and delicious, this banana porridge is the perfect home comfort to enjoy for breakfast. The banana creates a delicious texture, while the almond butter adds a rich taste.
- 50g porridge oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 125ml almond milk
- Cut the banana in half and place half of it into a small bowl, mash with a fork. Once soft, spoon the mashed banana into a small pan over a medium heat and add the oats, peanut butter, maple syrup (if using) and almond milk.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until steaming and soft - you can add a dash more almond milk if it becomes too thick.
- Once cooked, spoon the hot porridge into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings - we love to serve this with the other half of the banana, a spoonful of chia jam, an extra drizzle of peanut butter and a pinch of coconut chips.