Date and Pecan Loaf
I first made this loaf a few months ago as part of a project with an awesome date brand and I’ve made it so many times since as it’s just so easy but so delicious. It only takes five minutes to throw together and then all you need to do is let it bake. You also don’t need any equipment, other than an oven to make it, which is amazing! The bread is so sweet as it’s infused with dates, apple and cinnamon but the pecans and buckwheat flour ensure that it doesn’t get too sickly so it works well as a breakfast or mid-morning snack. I love spreading each slice with a thick layer of nut butter and some banana slices, then if I’m feeling something more indulgent I’ll drizzle extra date nectar onto each slice!
1 and 1/2 cups of buckwheat flour (300g)
1/2 a cup of apple puree (200g)
1/3 of a cup of almond milk (100ml)
60g of pecans
8 medjool dates (150g)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Start by pre-heating the oven to 140c.
- Then, pit the dates and cut them into small chunks.
- Use your hands to break up the pecans so that they are a similar size to the dates before adding all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mixing everything together.
- Grease a small loaf tin with coconut oil, then pour in the mixture.
- Place the tray in the oven to bake for about forty minutes, until the top is a golden brown. At this point take the loaf out the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before eating hot or cold.