These tahini brownies are deliciously fudgy and rich. They're the perfect afternoon snack or after dinner dessert with a large scoop of ice cream. We love to make a big batch and freeze them for busy days.
- 5 ½ tablespoons of cacao powder
- 300g coconut sugar
- 200g plain flour, we use gluten-free flour
- 7 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 heaped tablespoons of tahini, be sure to use a creamy tahini like Belazu
- 200ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350F), fan setting.
- In a large bowl mix together the cacao powder, coconut sugar, plain flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt until there are no lumps.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl over a low heat.
- Once melted, add the coconut oil, tahini and almond milk and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and cook for 30-35 minutes until cooked through, but still a little fudgy in the middle.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool before cutting into brownies. Tip: we also like to drizzle a little extra tahini and a sprinkle of sesame seeds over the top.