These sweetcorn fritters couldn’t be quicker and easier to make. They make a great breakfast served with some smashed avocado or add then to a lunch bowl alongside your favourite salads and some sweet potato wedges!
- 2x 200g (7oz) cans of sweetcorn
- 4 sliced spring onions
- 4 tablespoons of gram flour
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 20ml water
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Drain one tin of sweetcorn.
- Finely slice the spring onions and coriander.
- Add the sweetcorn, spring onions, coriander, gram flour, paprika, salt and pepper, olive oil, water and lime juice to a food processor and blend until a chunky mixture forms.
- Drain the other tin of sweetcorn and stir this into the mixture.
- Heat a glug of olive oil in a pan, then scoop in spoonfuls of the sweet corn mixture.
- Cook on a medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, until the fritters are golden brown. You will need to do this in batches. Don’t be tempted to cook them on a higher heat to speed up the process as they will burn on the outside without cooking through the middle!