- Difficulty: easy
The mix of herb roasted aubergine, courgette and pepper slices drizzled with homemade sun-dried tomato pesto with fresh basil leaves and sliced avocado is a perfect addition to any meal.
For the Veggie Plate
– 3 courgettes
– 1 large aubergeine
– 1 red pepper
– 1 yellow pepper
– a handful of fresh basil leaves
– a mix of dried herbs – I like herbs de provence, thyme and oregano
– extra virgin olive oil
Optional: 2 sliced avocados drizzled with lime and salt
For the Red Pesto
– 16 cherry tomatoes
– 1 cup of sundried tomatoes
– 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
– ¼ of a cup of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon of tomato puree
– 1 lime
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
Simply cut the vegetables into thin slices (except the avocado), place them in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt and dried herbs and roast at 200C for abut 30 minutes – flipping everything once during this time. Once the vegetables are cooked place them on a serving dish and sprinkle fresh basil over them.
While the veggies cook make the pesto by simply adding all of the required ingredients to a food processor, then blend until smooth.
Drizzle the pesto over the roasted veggies, add the avocado, serve and enjoy!