These brownies are super sweet, gooey, chocolatey and ever so delicious. Plus they’re really easy to make, you just need seven ingredients: dates, hazelnuts, cacao powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and a pinch of sea salt, which you just whizz up for a few minutes.
For the brownies
- 3 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 220g blanched hazelnuts
- 5-6 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
For the frosting
- 16 medjool dates, pitted
- 60g cacao powder
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil
- 250ml almond milk
- Preheat oven to 180c, fan setting.
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven for 5-10 minutes until golden, take out and leave to cool.
- Once cool, simply blend the roasted hazelnuts in a food processor until they form a crumbly mixture.
- Add the dates and blend again before adding the cacao and maple syrup.
- Place the mixture into a baking tray (we use 27cm x 20cm) and refrigerate.
- While the brownies are in the fridge, place all of the frosting ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Spoon a smooth layer of the frosting over the top of the brownies.
- Place back in the fridge for 3-4 hours to allow the brownies to set.