These stuffed sweet potatoes are an adaption of the classic ones we shared a few years ago, and after lots of request for a sweet potato version we made these beauties! Crispy sweet potato skins stuffed with mashed sweet potato, black beans, cherry tomatoes, chipotle, miso and coriander, topped with a dollop of tahini coconut yoghurt and homemade guacamole.
For the potatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 200g of black beans, drained
- Pinch of fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ a teaspoon of chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon of brown miso paste
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the sour cream
- 200g natural yogurt (I use coconut yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the guacamole
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- Juice of half a lime
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1/2 a red chilli
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200c, fan setting.
- Wash the sweet potatoes, pierce the skin with a fork a few times and then bake for 60-70 minutes until cooked through.
- While the potatoes cook, peel and finely chop the garlic, quarter the cherry tomatoes and heat both in a pan with a glug of olive oil. Add the beans, chipotle, apple cider vinegar, miso and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes on a gentle heat. Roughly chop and stir in the coriander, then take off the heat.
- To make the sour cream, simply mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- For the guacamole, scoop the flesh out the avocados and mash it with a fork. Finely chop the chilli and coriander then mix into the avocado flesh along with the lime and salt and pepper and sun-dried tomatoes.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove from the oven and cut them in half. Scoop out the middle and mix 2/3 of it into the beans and tomatoes, then scoop spoonfuls back into the potato skins.
- Serve the loaded sweet potato skins with big spoonfuls of cool guacamole and sour cream on top.