Chocolate Chia Cookies
These cookies make the perfect afternoon snack!
Makes 10 cookies
– 1 cup of almonds (200g)
– 1 cup of hazelnuts (190g)
– 1 cup of quinoa or buckwheat flour (200g)
– 1/3 of a cup of pure maple syrup (100ml)
– 5 medjool dates, pitted
– 1/4 of a cup of water (75ml)
– 3 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao powder
– 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
– 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Simply place the nuts into a food processor and blend for a minute or two until a flour forms, then add all of the remaining ingredients and blend again until a sticky cookie dough forms.
Scoop about a tablespoon into your hands, roll it into a ball and then flatten it using a spatula onto the baking tray so that they are nice and thin. Keep doing this until all the cookies are on the tray.
Bake for about twenty minutes at 180C, until the cookies are firm and starting to slightly brown. Then leave them to cool for a few minutes before enjoying!